Ten years ago, Apple company launched the first iPhone. Then nobody was convinced that this would prove to be a revolutionary product and change the lives of people. So far, more than one billion iPhones have been sold and Apple is the world’s most valuable company.
One eye on the important things related to Apple’s ten-year journey –
– Brian Merchant has written a book, ‘The One Device: The Secret History of the iPhone’. In this book, he has told how works are going in Apple. From the selection of raw materials to the grand launch of the product, such things have been told, from which the outer world was unaware so far.
– What has already been discussed in the past. They are – Apple did not invent Multitouch Technology itself. Steve Jobs wanted that the screen of the iPhone be made of plastic rather than glass, and this idea came to him just before the launch.
In the meanwhile, Merchant has written the about the Industrial Design Engineer Brian Huppi, who has served in Apple between 2012 and 2016, before the iPhone, the company had made the prototype of the flip phone. Apple was working on a variety of flip-phones. Later the idea of cell phone came and the iPhone was made.
– Very few people know that the iPhone’s first user interface was made in Photoshop. From 1995 to 2016, Imran Chowdhury, who was Apple’s design director, prepared it with his designer partner base ordering. Seen the popularity of the design of the iPhone, it is said that this was a huge task that was built on basic Adobe software.
Apple raised a team of 1000 engineers for this project. They were linked to a three-year mission, named ‘Project Purple 2’. The result of the strong mind and hard work of the same team was that the first iPhone was launched on June 29, 2007 in the world. The team created such a design which is almost the same even after a decade.
– Even the smartphone market was not low in 2007. Companies like Nokia and Motorola were trying hard to woo ordinary customers, while BlackBerry, Ericsson, and Microsoft were on the eyes of corporate customers. In such a situation, Apple, instead of competing with anyone, caught its own path, on which the whole world is running today.
Very few people know that Apple is not the first company to use touchscreen technology. This was done in Ericsson R380. But the first time the iPhone came with a physical keyboard or navigation panel.
– After the launch of the iPhone, many people have neglected things. Like Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said, ‘You can buy Motorola for $ 99. Apple’s phone is the most expensive today. I do not think it will be able to make any impact. ‘ Although Steve proved wrong.