More than 11.44 lakh PAN cards have been either closed or have been deactivated by the Indian government. This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance Santosh Kumar Gangwar in Parliament. He said that it has been done in cases where more than one PAN card was allotted to a person. Gangwar said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, “By July 27, 11,44,211 identities were detected which found that more than one PAN has been issued to any single person, now they are either closed or has been disabled. ”
“The law of PAN allocation is one PAN per person,” Gangwar said that till July 27 1,566 fake PAN was identified. Now, many people will suspect that their PAN is not included in the discontinued PAN card. So we will tell you how to find out whether the PAN card is active or not.
Below are the process to check the validity of your PAN card:
First, go to the Income Tax website or click on this link.
– Here you will find the KNOW YOUR PAN option. Click on it.
Here you will not need to log in any type.
– After clicking, a new window will open.
Here you must fill in your middle name, surname and first name in the form given here. Keep in mind this is similar to the name written on the PAN card.
– If this is not a middle name then leave this column blank.
– Enter the date of birth given on the PAN card.
– Enter mobile number and click on subset Now you will get a code at the mobile number Enter that code and submit it.
Now a new page will open. Here you will find the status of your PAN card in the Remark column. If it is written below, then your PAN card is valid.